cichlids.com

Cichlids :  cichlids.com Forums
Discussions about cichlids in general 
can parrots cichlids and an oscar live together?
Posted by: saria ()
Date: September 18, 2003 04:36AM

can cichlids parrots and oscars live together i would like to know cuzz i have a 15 gal tank (planing on upgrading when i get a raise) and i wanted to get a couple medium cichlids a jelly bean parrot and a small tiger oscar are they compatibal or do they requier more space then what i am offering see i know alot about the fish but at work they are all kept in seperait 10 gallions waiting to be sold so im not to sure about enclosure space or if they can live together seeing as they are all carnavors
-saria

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: can parrots cichlids and an oscar live together?
Posted by: sarah ()
Date: September 20, 2003 12:21AM

I dont know very much about this, but im pretty sure that parrots are cichlids and i know that oscars are. At the pet store that i go to, they have young oscars and parrots together....so i immagine that would be ok. but, it could change as they get older.

Posted by: Boah Ba ()
Date: September 20, 2003 07:29PM

I don't own any of them, but I know Parrots can pretty much go with any Cichlid(***provided that you take PH/Temp/etc into consideration***). Oscar is not too aggressive at all, neither is Parrot, as long as they are similar size, and share similar water condition(I don't know if they do), they should not have conflict with each other.

Posted by: Geejay ()
Date: September 27, 2003 03:26PM

First cichlids need space (at least an inch of fish per 10 gallons.
Parrots and Oscars live well together in a large tank (mine is a 155 gals).
And do I have a surprise as to parrots: one of them mated with a Texas cichlid and they spawn every 26 days. One of the babies survived the crowd and is now 1 1/4 inches long and does fine with his "big" (about 6 inches long and growing) neighbours.
First time I heard of such a hybrid crossing with pure cichlid. And I've been in aquaria for 30 some odd years.

Posted by: **** u fag ()
Date: October 06, 2003 11:10PM

u cant but a F@#KEN jellybean with a oscar u can but a bloody parrot with them. u stupid F@##EN idots.

Arowana rule all fish

Posted by: fnesr ()
Date: October 10, 2003 03:24AM

**** u fag.....your posts are frign stupid man..people want sensible advice..fish are fish not kickboxers or something...nuff about how good your arowana is aye...you seriosly think their shaking in their boots at the thought of your aquarium fish..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.